This Gurudwara is about 37 miles from Lahore on the Lahore-Lyallpur Railway Line.
Mehta Kalu, father of Guru Nanak, gave him Rs. 20 /- to start his first business. On the way to his destination, Guru ji met few hungry sadhus. Guru ji decided to use his money to buy groceries and prepared langar to serve hungry Sadhus.
Later, when Mehta Kalu learnt about it, he was not happy with this decision.
Maharaja Ranjit Singh built a Gurudwara at this place, where Guru ji served langar to Sadhus. This beautiful Gurudwara is shaped like a fortress. The very impression of the Darshani Deorhi attracts the congregations.
Earlier, the Gurudwara was managed by Udhasis. Later, the management came under the Panthic administration after the Gurudwara Reform Movement. After the partition of the country in 1947, the Gurudwara remain closed for the congregations, but on the occasion of the Baisakhi in April 1993, the sangat was allowed to pay homage to the Gurudwara