Guru Hargobind Ji sanctified Gurdwara Nankana Sahib in 1613 A.D. (samwat 1670) with his visit, after returning from Kashmir. The Guru deputed Baba Almast, a desciple of Baba Sri Chand, to render care and service to the Gurdwara.
Guru ji had brought Almast along with him from Kashmir during his journey. A Gurdwara stands erected at the place where Guru Hargobind ji rested for three days.
It is situated in the close vicinity of Gurdwara Tambu Sahib.
There is another Gurdwara adjoining this place, where Guru Arjan Dev, the great martyr, paid a holy visit. The building is quite safe but no daily congregation is held.