Sat Gur Hargobind Ji came here after leaving Mozang.
Guru Mangat, a village close to Lahore Cantonment, is sacred to Guru Hargobind (1595-1644), who visited it during his stay at Muzarig. Gurdwara Patshahi VI, a domed building with a gilded pinnacle about 400 metres southwest of the village, stood on the site where the Guru had sojourned. The shrine came under the control of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee in 1927. While digging a sarovar (bathing tank) on the back of the new building, an old bdodor open well with steps descending to water level was discovered and renovated. The shrine was abandoned in the wake of mass migrations caused by the partition of the Punjab in 1947.
Once this sacred shrine used to be very close to Lahore Cantonment railway station but now Gulberg, a modern locality of Lahore, has developed around it. Lahore Cantonment and Walton railway station serve this place.
The once beautiful Gurdwara, suffered vast damage during the troubles in 1947, but where it stood as a ruin for many years, in order to preserve the sanctity of this sacred place a splendid mosque, the “Shan-e-Islam” (glory of Islam), has been built here. There is a school with the mosque where the Qur’an is taught. A dispensary is also working for the welfare of the people.